Sunday, December 12, 2010

Long time no blog

It has been such a long time since I updated this poor blog. It must feel so neglected :(

Let’s see, what has been happening since my last update? Came back to the States, enjoyed quit a few meals at Cancun (the best Mexican food in town!), went back to work, stopped working, Jake went back to work at Best Buy, then he stopped working at Best Buy to spend his days slaving away at his dissertation in a 3 by 5 ft office for 12 hours a day. At least he has a window!

I have been applying to every job posting I can find. No, that’s not true. I have been applying to every job posting I can stomach the idea of working at. I made a vow a long time ago that if I could help it I would NEVER return to the world of retail. I don’t know if that will last much longer. So, at least until after Christmas I have put my job finding days on hold so that I can bust out all the Christmas presents I have to make with Jake and I being on a limited budget. Homemade gifts are the best right? (bites her nails hoping that everybody likes their gifts)

So far it has been going well. I have been silk-screening like made ever since Jake put the hinge clamps on the card table for me so I don’t have to have him at home helping me. I have a pretty good system set up, it just takes a little time and requires the bathroom window open which hasn’t been fun the last few days being so cold. I have burnt my fingers so many times with the hot glue gun I can’t feel them anymore. I was making good progress, that was until Jake got sick, and then he gave it to me this past week. I have spent the past few days on the couch with my laptop in tow catching up on some Fan Fiction and TV spoilers.

I have recently discovered that Criminal Minds is a pretty good show. Jake and I signed up for Netflix and we raced through the entire series and are now caught up and have to wait like everybody else for new episodes. I just read a spoiler for new Reid episode and can’t wait. I feel that the Reid fans have been gypped this season and most of season five. Bring it on! I have to say that Jake really does love me. When I start to watch a show, I become obsessed with it. With ION showing it every night and watching the DVDs it has been on basically nonstop for like 3 months. He has been so patient with me and listens to me ramble on and on about it that I KNOW he loves me because any other man would have told me to shut up long ago. Anyway, he has nothing to complain about now, we have moved onto Leverage in our Netflix Queue, another good show we never get to watch because we have no cable. I love you Netflix instant streaming!

Anyway, so I vow to update my blog more often, although I am not sure if anyone actually reads it. Doesn’t matter, it’s fun for me anyway.

No comments: