Friday, October 9, 2009

Oh joy

During my last semester of school I took a swimming class. During that swimming class I pulled a muscle in my neck. I didn't pull it while actually swimming, I sadly pulled it while I was putting on my very tight Speedo swim suit. Go on a laugh. The reason I am telling everyone this that every now and then, when I am doing strenuous activities, it acts up and feels like I have pulled it again. These strenuous activities I mentioned have been brushing my teeth, drying my hair, or sleeping which was the case of last night. I awoke this morning to the lovely felling in my neck and shoulder. Oh joy. Jake went down to breakfast while I took a very short hot shower.

After breakfast Jake headed out to his conference and I sat outside our room in a sitting area on our floor. The room was cleaned after an hour and then I went back inside. Even though my neck is not very happy with me, Jake and I needed to do some laundry. Laundry, until we get to the cabin, is washing our clothes in the sink or bathtub and hanging them up to dry. I filled up the bath tub and washed some clothes with a bit of Tide sink detergent and they are hanging up on a line in the bath room, hanging up by the window and other various places in the room. Hopefully everything will be dry by tomorrow morning in time for us to leave. I also hope that my neck is better by the time we need to leave or it will make and interesting walk with all our bags to get to the train station. I see a taxi trip for us in the morning.

Nothing else much going on. I am happy to get out of this town. There just isn't much for me to do here while Jake is in his conference so I have been a little bored this week. What with the homeless stares and even some one taking a photograph of me, I will be happy to be in a different place. Yesterday morning while I was sitting in the plaza waiting for Jake to come back a group of teenagers was walking around the plaza taking photographs of each other. One of the boys was sitting on the fountain in front of me pretending to take a photo of something behind me, and then used his hand to hide the camera as he took a photo of me. I don't get the fascination with Americans in this country. Oh well, anyway, I hope everyone at home is doing well.

Mandy & Jake

No comments: