Monday, October 5, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

This morning we went downstairs to have our free breakfast from the hotel. I got the “Light Breakfast” which was fresh juice, a bowl of seasonal fruit, and toasts with cream cheese and jam. Well, the juice was really good and was actually fresh there were strawberry seeds in it. The “toasts” was bread that wasn’t crunchy and get was burnt. The cream cheese wasn’t cream cheese. I don’t know what it was; it had the consistency of tofu. The jam was good, I think it was apricot. I actually never got the fruit bowl. Jake got the “Continental Breakfast” which was toasts, scrambled eggs with ham & cheese, and fresh juice. His “scrambled” eggs were in a little white bowl and where sunny side scrambled…..looked like a bowl of snot.

After breakfast we walked the three blocks from the hotel to where Jake’s conference is being held. I wasn’t allowed in so I sat in the plaza that was across the street. I sat and sketched for a little bit. It was too cold to sit for longer than an hour and a half. It didn’t seem that cold when we left, but I really needed to have my jacket. I walked back to the hotel and sketched some more from the view our of our hotel window.

Jake was back to the hotel at about 12:30 for a lunch break. We walked a little ways from the Hotel and stopped in a place called “el guaton” which means “The Fatty”. Jake had a hot dog with mayonnaise, avocado, tomato, and sour kraut. I had a “grilled cheese” with Gouda and was on an oversized hamburger bun. We split some fires…they were a little greasy. Jake will be heading back to the conference in a bit. After he is done we will take a walk around the city and find a grocery store. There is a little fridge in our room so we are going to get some milk and some cereal to eat for the next week. Hope everyone is doing well at home.


Mandy & Jake

No comments: